Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Use For Vicks Vapor Rub

I said in the title this is a new use for Vicks, maybe I should rephrase that. It is an old use, but done in a different way.

I have used Vicks every since I was a child. It was the cure all for stuffy noses and hacking coughs for my parents. My parents couldn't take us to the doctor every time we had a cold, as a matter of fact we had to be about dead before we went. If we got a cold out came the Vicks, it was rubbed on our chests, and on the upper part of our lip, right under our nostrils.

Now it did a terrific job of opening my sinuses, but have mercy it felt like it was gonna burn my lip off some times, because of the Mentholatum. By the time it stopped stinging, you were either "cured or killed," as they say.

Well now someone has come up with a way to get the benefits without all the fuss and muss, so next time I have a cold I will be trying this. Hope you enjoy, and please if you give it a try, Talk To My Heart, let me know how it works for you and your family.

Subject: VICKS VAPOR RUB INTERESTING

During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can

absorb oils. Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes

you can 'taste' it.



Some of us have used Vicks Vapor rub for years for everything from chapped

lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of

this. And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists

who discovered it aren't sure why. To stop night time coughing in a child

(or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapor rub generously on the

bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent,

heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many,

many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in

children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it

is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.



Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why

cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good, due to the chemical

makeup of these strong drugs so, I listened. It was a surprise finding and

found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at

bedtime, in addition to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children

who then went on to sleep soundly.



My wife tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent

cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm

blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes and believe me,

this was a deep, ( incredibly annoying!) every few seconds uncontrollable

cough, and she slept cough-free for hours every night that she used it.



If you have grandchildren, pass this on. If you end up sick, try it yourself

and you will be absolutely amazed at how it works.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Thanks Marilyn for this gr8 tip...I'm passing it on to all my friends and family.....
hugs
Marie